Sunday, May 15, 2011

Creamy Lemon Pie

January 17. 1988


1 pie shell, baked, any type
3 eggs, separated
1 14oz, can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. lemon juice
3/4 t. lemon peel
3 drops yellow food color
1/4 t. cream of tartar
salt
1/3 c. sugar

Preheat oven to 350*. In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks, Stir in milk, lemon juice and lemon peel, and coloring. Place pie shell on a cookie sheet and pour mixture into it. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar and salt until foamy, slowly  add sugar, continue to beat until almost dry. Spread on pie, making sure to seal edges. Bake 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 hour. Keep chilled.

An excerpt from my diary January 7, 1987

Deep inside I feel like I'm being a good mother.
A new item I love is ready to use frosting in a tub. Double coupon allowed me to buy 3 tubs for .40 apiece.
when I went to use a chocolate flavor tub, there were finger marks and tongue imprints. Debbie?
 It's so cold out and Jody dressed in summer clothes, Debbie is wearing her sisters' clothes and Nancy won't hare the only big mirror. Yes, I pray.
Baby mountain lions in Kansas
uh-oh Nancy just vomited everywhere. I'm here baby

No comments:

Post a Comment